What is content marketing ?
It is a marketing and a process to nurture a business by publishing articles with valuable contents to attract, reach and interact with target audiences with an objective to turn readers into customers.
Basically, content marketing is a type of marketing that uses content to communicate with target audiences and customers to give them useful and interesting information aiming to create valuable relationships and achieving marketing objectives. Content marketing is considered to be a truthful way to establish and maintain good relationships with customers and tell them about your brand.
In fact, content marketing has been around for decades. In the past, Nestlé might communicate with its consumers by printing some messages on the back of receipts, behind its chocolate chip boxes or publish it in a magazine, Nowadays, Nestlé might change its way of communication to posting an interview about how to bake with their chocolate products on a blog, Pinterest or Instagram to share baking tips and tricks. Even though the process has improved over years, the concept remains the same.
How to do Content Marketing Successfully,
- Specify your objective
What kind of impact do you want the content to have on your business? Having a specific objective will help to guide the direction of content to the desired outcome.
- To establish the sense of leadership, trustworthiness and influence of your brand
- To create and innovate new marketing techniques.
- To attract interest in your products or services.
Effective marketing usually is a combination of various types of contents.
– Blog post
- Know your customers In order to be able to create an effective content, you have to know who your customers are. Being able to identify the character of your customers is a time-consuming process yet is an essential step for building targeted and accurate content for your target groups.Nowadays there are many content marketers and marketing strategists who can help brands implement content marketing endeavors under much less time.
- Put the right content to the right channel
To attract interest in your product or brand.
What you need to know : Educate, Attract and Acquire
At this stage, content marketing is knowing what you customers are interested in and curious about by presenting the information in an interesting story that and do not over-mention your product. However, you have to be sure that the content is useful and shareable to maximize its viral potential. The more interesting your content is, the more people will search and know about your brand.
Customer AcquisitionWhat you need to know : Build trust, Provide solution, Direct acquisition
At this point, you have to bold the problem which clients are facing and provide a solution to it through your product or service, in a trustworthy manner, You must also differentiate yourself from competitors and provide an answer to your customers on how you will solve their problem. You do not have to be worried about selling your products now, only focus on how to make your product appear stronger and better than competitors’.
What you need to know : Communication to influence actions,
Now, you are ready to sell your product and service. You just only have to add a little something more which sometimes means telling your customers that they need your product or service. This is the time when you sales pitch using the quality, features and value of your products.
What you need to know :Build brand loyalty, Establish brand endorsers using celebrities. influencers or even cartoon mascots.
Every marketer knows sustaining the existing customers is cheaper than acquiring new ones. This moment, you have to concentrate on maintaining and enhancing the relationship you have built with your customers to make them good and become advocates of your brand.
3 Elements of a good marketing technique
- Great ideas create interesting storyWhat do great ideas look like…
√ Relevant – the content or information must be relevant to your product.
√ Useful – it must answer the question or respond to the demand of the viewers.
√ Valuable – a unique content which cannot be found somewhere else.
√ Interesting – shareable, trendy and creative.
- Suitability – to make a content platform fitContent can be presented in many formats and be promoted on various platforms, however it should be adapted to be into an appropriate format for each platform. For instance, the content on [email protected] should be in short messages accompanied by meaningful pictures without too many texts.
- Creativity – find your content creatorsFinding the right content creator for the right job is a crucial task. It is challenging for a marketer to be able to create all the content himself, therefore many marketers look for specialized content creators or marketing planners to facilitate their works in order to spend their time on improving other aspects of the business,